Saturday, July 24, 2010

To Daddy

I had planned on making a post for Father's Day and it completely slipped my mind. Now I feel like a jerk...

So this is for my Daddy, one of my biggest heroes.
Dad has taught me:

  • The importance of hard work.
  • You serve the ones you love.
  • Actions speak louder than words.
  • How to have a good sense of humor.
  • To mean what I say and say what I mean. I definitely got my straight-forwardness from my Dad!
  • That you NEVER lay crying on the soccer field unless a bone is broken. :)
  • To never judge a book by it's cover.
The reason that the last on is on there, is I often hear, "You're Dad scares me!" from people who just meet my dad. Like me, he's pretty reserved until he feels more comfortable around someone. It sort of surprises me because it's not the person that I know at all! He does come off gruff, but he has a heart of gold. We are a lot alike and I'm proud of that.