Thursday, February 11, 2010

Unfailing Love

Romans 5:8:
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

I had the opportunity to talk about Christ today with good friend who is a non-believer. One part of me wanted to be proud of myself, but the other part of me knew that our talk had nothing to do with me. God loved her so much that he made me push through the nervousness that I had so He could love her through me. I just happened to be the person He decided to use that time. He reached me through other people that did the same thing. Jesus expects us to pass along the knowledge of how others can obtain the same gift that we have received.

God loves us regardless of what we believe. God wants us to have a relationship with Him.  God loved us (and I'm using "us" to refer to Christians right now) before we believed enough to send other people in our path to share His love.

Don't let your anxiety, fear, embarrassment, or lack of knowledge stop you from being obedient to God.  Someone else was in your place before you believed.