Tuesday, December 1, 2009

What is Jesus Doing?

"He will convict the world...in regard to righteousness, because I am going to the Father, where you can see me no longer."
John 16: 8, 10

Today during my morning devotional, AKA Quiet Time, AKA Personal Worship Time (abbreviated by my Hubby as PWT) God showed me something awesome. The devotional was talking about the Holy Spirit, how He helps us learn how to live a righteous life. While Jesus was with the disciples, they knew what righteousness looked like.  Now that Jesus is no longer on Earth, he left us a gift that helps lead us to righteousness-himself.  The Holy Spirit is his presence; and he convinces us of what righteous living is all about.

The best thing that I read this morning was a new spin on the old catchphrase, "What would Jesus do?" Though it is not a bad question, it implies that Jesus is a dead example.  It's better to ask, "What is Jesus doing?" It recognizes his living presence.

It's that awesome?  The God that loved us enough to die for us back then is alive! Not only did he love us with that powerful love in the past, but he currently loves us! How amazing.

What is Jesus Doing with you?  With me, He is teaching me to place all my trust in Him because He is faithful!